1. Price - we are about 1/3 the price of machines that come close to our capacity.
2. Can grind all the wet and tough materials all others cannot.
3. Horse Power requirements much lower = more potential customers (more operators that only have lower Horse Power tractors) and much less fuel used.
4. Low maintenance - only 2 moving parts and only 1 wearing part. Hammers now have tungsten carbide hard facing and are reversible all 4 ways.
5.More versatile discharge with many options. Allows for grinding into stock piles, covered sheds, trucks, mixers, self feeders, bale rings, feed bunks, and spreading bedding. Our bunk feeder also grinds into a windrow. The swivel attachment fits all spout designs. Our Standard spout design has very little waste compared to a conveyor belt discharge, in windy conditions.
6. Easier, faster and lower cost to change length of grind.
7. Simple - very effective governor system, allows same machine to utilize tractors from 70 to 200 Horse Power. We can adjust for operating rpms. from 540 to 1100 rpms.
8. Attachments for grains and specialty grinding easy to install and operate.
9. We do not damage the tractors PTO, drive components and engine because of our design. Our fly wheel style rotor and hammers eliminate shock loads.
10. If you ever plug anything, ours can be cleaned out in a few minutes, while screen grinders take much work and hours to unplug.
Roto Gride Tub Grinder is a machine designed and patented by Harvey Burrows. During the mid 1970's, Harvey designed a grinder capable of grinding all types of forages, grains, and other feeds. This machine controls how fine the grind is with out using screens. Now today, Roto Grind Tub Grinder is the top selling Tub Grinder in the World.
Compared to other tub grinders:
SAVE 20% TO 50% ON YOUR HAY
In free choice feeding, when stacks or large round bales are set in open area, cattle may waste from 20% to 50% depending on weather and feed conditions. Grinding the roughage and feeding in bunks is less than 1% loss.
BETTER GAINS - UP TO 40%
University research has shown that feeding ground roughage can result in greater weight gains; from 20% to 40% when compared with the same amount of roughage fed unground.
Cattle are selective feeders and prefer to eat the most palatable portions of feed supply first. Grinding allows the mixing of poor and better quality materials during the actual grinding process. Mixing in this manner means the cattle are more likely to eat all the materials offered.
EASIER TO HANDLE
Ground roughage is a more manageable form for conveyor equipment and feed bunks, so less waste occurs during handling and feeding. Also labor requirements are less.
Poor quality roughage shows increased value when ground, especially when blended with good quality materials.
Roughage can be directly blended with the other supplements and ingredients in a blender box for a better balanced ration.
Mixture of dry ground roughage with silage provides a much better balanced diet.
GRIND IS BETTER
Do your own grinding as needed rather than using commercial grinding in large quantities.
DAIRY / MILK PRODUCTION
When feeding fresh ground hay to dairy cows, milk production will improve 10% to 15% over feeding unground, free choice hay.
Copyright © Bryan Milburn. All rights reserved.